The demand for childcare places is constantly increasing. Hilti Corporation recruits employees from all over the world who have no family support in the region. At the same time, Hilti also wants to use the potential of local employees and enable them to continue working even when they have children.

The children of employees of Hilti Corporation (HAG) as well as Hilti Befestigungstechnik AG (HIBAG) are accepted from the age of 4 months until they enter kindergarten – regardless of the place of residence – whereby the age limit is flexible and deviations are decided upon in individual cases.


The allocation of space is essentially based on the first-come first-served principle, taking into account optimal occupancy and the urgency of the need. In cases of doubt, Hilti AG decides upon the admittance of a child. Only a limited number of babies/infants (up to 18 months) can be admitted.
An initial notification of requirement and contact must always be made via Hilti.

Hilti day care center

The childcare can be selected and combined in units and in accordance with the regulations of the Verein Kindertagesstätten Liechtenstein (association of day care centers Liechtenstein).
Half day without food             7 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. /  1 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Half day with food                  7 a.m. – 2 p.m.       / 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Full day                                  7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
(The children should be picked up 20 minutes before the establishment closes)

For educational reasons, a minimum attendance of two units per week is recommended.
A child care ratio of 5:1 is observed, i.e. from the 6th child, a second caregiver must be present. A maximum of 3 babies/infants up to 18 months can be present at the same time per group.
Parental contributions: CHF 70.00 (child) / 85.00 (baby) per day of childcare as a basis
Specialist caregivers, infant teachers, social education workers, kindergarten teachers or similarly recognized professional groups are employed to care for the children.
Please address registration requests and any questions about child care in the Hilti day care center to the HR department, Carolin Scholz, SHPRcs, Tel. 2313.


The day nursery (Kinderkrippe) is a form of care for children up to 3 years. Facilities of this kind are tailored to the needs of babies and infants. In the federal states there are both municipal as well as private care facilities.
Day nurseries are also referred to as a Krabbelstube or Kleinkinderbetreuungseinrichtung in some federal states.
The task of these childcare facilities is the care, education and upbringing of the children. Only a small number of children are cared for in the individual groups and close cooperation with the parents is required. The group size is influenced by the age structure of the children, but may not exceed a certain number of children.
The fees for a day nursery depend upon:

  • the operator of the nursery
  • the income of the parents (in all cases) and
  • the number of hours the child spends in the day nursery.

The child is registered by the parents. Registration information is available to parents either directly from the child care facility or the institution responsible for the facility (municipal authorities, local authorities, parish, association etc.). It is recommended that you enroll the child in a day nursery as early as possible.
The responsible body for day nurseries in Vorarlberg is:

A childminder cares for one or more children at home in a family environment. It is possible to respond to the individual needs of the children. Mostly, childcare times are more flexible with child minders than with day nurseries, kindergartens or children's groups.
Child minders provide care within an everyday family environment. They cook the meals themselves, organize games and exercise, and provide games and toys.
 Child minders require a carer's permit from the responsible district administrative authority. In most federal states, they are required to complete pedagogical training. Ongoing training is expected.
On the page "Adressen und weiterführende Informationen zur Kinderbetreuung" are details of regional organizations with information about vacant places with child minders.

You do not want your child to regularly attend a child care facility yet, but need temporary care for your child? - Then you can use the services of a babysitter. This way, the care can be provided on an individual basis and in the child's familiar environment.
Vorarlberg Familienverband – a non-profit, non-partisan family organization – set up "Frau Holle", which is a nationwide babysitting agency. For details see the website of the Vorarlberg Familienverband.


The Familienzeitbonus (family time bonus) is a cash payment for the father or the second parent who wishes to take leave off work to spend time with the family (family time) after the birth of a child. Same sex parents are also entitled to the family time bonus.
During the family time, you will receive EUR 22.60 every day from your responsible health insurance provider. This equates to around EUR 700 per month (31 calendar days). During this time, you are also covered by health and pension insurance.
For births after March 1 2017, there are new regulations in place for childcare allowance. There are two models:

  • The childcare allowance account (KBG account)
  • The income-based childcare allowance (ea KBG)

Parents can choose between these two models. For parents who share the childcare allowance (KBG), there is an additional partnership bonus.

Where do you apply for childcare allowance?
The health insurance provider that also provided you with maternity benefits is responsible for this. You can apply for KBG up to 6 months retroactively.
More information on this website.

Children's allowance

Children’s allowance contributions are paid out by the corresponding employer, as long as the other parent is not employed or receives no government assistance payments in the country of residence. If the amount is less than the amount that would be paid in Liechtenstein, you, as a HAG employee, may request a payment at the end of the year to make up the difference. HIBAG employees will be informed of this equalization payment directly in writing by Carolin Scholz from the SHPR specialist department.

For further information on equalization payments, contact Carolin Scholz.