Working in the digital space
It’s an incredibly exciting time to join Hilti, especially if you work in the digital space. We’ve always been a company at the forefront of engineering hardware solutions, and today we’re investing more than ever in software technologies as digital transformation is a big priority for us.
We’re particularly motivated by the possibilities that digital technology can bring to a traditional sector like construction. Right now, we have a unique opportunity to solve real-world problems and lead the way in revolutionizing our industry.
We’ve organized our digital teams into three distinct areas – application software, digital solutions and global IT - which work closely together. Our teams are based in Germany, Liechtenstein, Malaysia, Switzerland and the USA.
As a company whose lifeblood is innovation, we give our customers the next level of digital offerings on an impressive global scale. For you, it means unrivalled opportunities to work in a ‘start-up within’ environment, develop an international career and really have an impact on the shape of things to come.
Digitalizing the construction industry
We offer exciting career opportunities in three different areas.
• This is where you’ll find all of our digitized business processes and related IT services that support our business.
• We’re a lighthouse and reference customer for SAP, driving digital transformation as the world’s first multinational to implement S/4HANA. We’re also an industry leader in cloud computing – both as a consumer of public cloud services and as a provider of cloud services to our customers.
• We offer careers in:
- Business applications – where we run a fully consolidated global SAP system landscape.
- Digital workplace – where we connect our 25,000 Hilti people and make them an information-enabled team.
- Cloud application platform – where we build our common platform for all digital and software offerings to our customers.
- Enterprise computing – where we design, build and operate our network and computing capabilities.
• Our global IT roles range from data analysts, network engineers and project managers to cyber security experts, user experience designers and enterprise architects.
• This is a rewarding place to work, where you’ll help to develop Hilti’s most innovative software products, working together with software engineers from our business and product teams.
• We create application software tools for our customers to use across the building life cycle - from initial structural design to final building inspection. These include anchor and firestop solutions, as well as measuring and placement technologies.
• It’s all about making life easier and safer for our customers, where we can streamline and speed up tasks from taking months down to minutes.
• You’ll spend time talking and prototyping with our customers, including engineers and architects, to better understand what they need to make their jobs easier. With these insights, you’ll develop new software tools from start to finish – a truly satisfying process.
• Our application software roles range from developers, designers and user experience architects to project managers and product owners with structural or mechanical engineering backgrounds.
• Aside from your technical expertise, you’ll be a highly personable and customer-focused team player. We’re looking for a variety of software gurus, with strong strategy and communication skills and the agility to learn on the job.
• We create engaging digital solutions that give consumers the best possible experience at every potential touchpoint. This includes our website and mobile apps, as well as our social media, blogging and community platforms.
• We’re forever thinking of new ways to interact with our customers, and to do so more frequently and with content that’s more relevant and meaningful to them.
• Our focus is always on our customers. What do they need from us? It could be a product or service, information or advice. In this way, we work both across products and services and beyond products and services.
• You will have the possibility to develop a product collaboratively with our customers, developers, designers and internal experts all in one place. We can do this at Hilti because we own the whole value chain, from R&D to customer interfaces.
• Our digital solutions roles range from data analytics, project management and content strategy to mobile app development, information architecture and user experience.
• You’ve probably worked in digital, be it technology or marketing, and have a head for b2b. You might even know a bit about construction. Any knowledge you lack, you’re eager to learn, able to apply and in the right mind-set.
“It's a very collaborative, opening and welcoming culture because so many people have so many ranges of expertise & diversity"
Ebony - Digital Marketing Project Manager - USA
Our success comes down to our people
If you’re geared up to join our team, we’ll assume an excellent degree of know-how in your area of expertise. But you’ll need to be as much a people person as you are a technical whizz.
We’re a multi-dimensional company where teams collaborate beyond their business units and across different market regions. We’re looking for people who can listen, appreciate and enjoy working with others from a diverse mix of backgrounds. We see teamwork as an enabler for innovation, and value team contribution in everything we do.
You’ll be sharp thinking, but hands on; able to quickly link the dots, but equally keen to roll up your sleeves. You’ll be analytical, but not overly so, with always one eye on the bigger business picture. You’ll have an intuitive understanding of the issues beyond pure data and a proactive instinct to always look for improvement.
While we know you’re smart, we won’t expect you to be fluent in all our technologies. Many of them are so new or bespoke that this would be impossible. What we want is your eagerness to learn, your energy to focus and your drive to outperform. From us, you can expect all the training and support you need to do outstanding things.
You can really make an impact
Whatever your role or level, we’ll give our personal attention to the progression of your career, with one-on-one coaching and all the support you need to be successful and influential.
We’ll also help you gain any specialist knowledge you need to excel at your job, be it professional upskilling, project management training or a dedicated course at our internal academy.
We have a very thorough system for reviewing everyone in the company, which feeds into a yearly career performance matching process. It’s how we find opportunities to develop our people with different responsibilities, cultures and market challenges. It means we can broaden your skill set, feed your ambition and open doors to advance your career.
Our high performers move into leadership roles very quickly at Hilti, and 80% of our management positions are filled with internal candidates. It’s testament to how much we value our people.