External Corporate Communication Manager (m/f/x)
What's the role?
In your role, it is your ambition to strengthen Hilti’s visibility international daily and trade press. You will work closely with worldwide communication colleagues to help communicate with journalists and other opinion leaders.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
As External Corporate Communication Manager you serve as the initial point of contact for press inquiries and interview requests, create specific communications materials and campaigns; prepare press events and conferences and develop print and web-based material supporting communications campaigns. As a solution-oriented team member you furthermore evaluate and report coverage and development of press activities.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, where you are part of a creative and diverse team. We give you many opportunities to develop yourself and we will support you in shaping your individual career path. Join our positive team spirit!
Our Headquarters is located in Schaan, in the beautiful and mountainous Rhine Valley. We offer state-of-the art office spaces, a staff restaurant with a variety of healthy food, coffee corners, an in-house gym with a relaxation room and so much more. Additionally, Hilti e-bikes are readily available for you to use free of charge! It is in close vicinity to a direct train stop for easy commuting to the Swiss and Austrian borders.
We want you to work your best and offers such as flexible working/part time arrangements, free parking slots and day care for your children are just some of the ways we do that.
Why should you apply?
We offer a senior role in our Corporate Communications team with high exposure to top-management and the international communications community. If you see yourself in such a role and still like to produce media related content on your own, we highly appreciate your application.
About you: you are someone who wants to combine creativity and a passion for storytelling with the organizational skills to manage numerous projects analyzing and evaluating the measures to drive continuous improvement management while acting as an effective team player able to lead efforts across disciplines.
What you need is:
- Concluded studies at a University or School of higher education
- Technical background, understanding of and interest in technology and construction
- 5-10 years of experience in the area of external communications and media relations with an international company and/or in a PR agency, including B2B/enterprise technology and executive communications
- Proven experience in communicating highly complex topics, identifying relevant stories and creative skills when developing appealing communications for external communications channels
- Experience working cross-functionally with internal teams and stakeholders on an international level, e.g. PR, marketing, product management, etc.
- Ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion
- English skills on native speaker level
- Ideally: Relationships and experience pitching to international technology and business press
Does this sound like you? We look forward to your application!
Learn more about us : https://careers.hilti.li/en-li
Hilti is an equal opportunity employer.
*For non-EU / EFTA citizens: Please state your eligibility status to work in Switzerland/ Liechtenstein and note that if you do not own a valid Swiss/ Liechtenstein work permit, Hilti cannot guarantee your final employment due to authority regulations.