Green Building and Sustainability Manager Business Unit Fire Protection
What's the role?
Evaluate and introduce Green Building customer requirements and sustainability goals to the Business Unit Fire Protection's product portfolio. Create a strategy and implement the targets in future product portfolio development, market organization and customer communication.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
In this diverse role you will be responsible to qualify the relevant Business Unit Fire Protection product portfolio for our int’l customer’s Green Building needs. You will consult and support the product development project teams as well as the product life cycle management project teams in bringing the green building product performance on the next level. Through continual and close collaboration with the Development, Product Care, Supply and Chemical Regulatory Compliance teams, you will act as the interface to external Certification Parties as well as to our Market Organizations to evaluate new and realize current Green Building requirements, update our documentation and communication structures to customers. Furthermore, you will initiate and coordinate product improvements, own operational excellence projects and be responsible for parts of the Hilti Corporate Sustainability Strategy.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, where you are part of a creative and diverse team. We give you many opportunities to develop yourself and we will support you in shaping your individual career path. Join our positive team spirit!
Our Headquarters is located in Schaan, in the beautiful and mountainous Rhine Valley. We offer state-of-the art office spaces, a staff restaurant with a variety of healthy food, coffee corners, an in-house gym with a relaxation room and so much more. Additionally, Hilti e-bikes are readily available for you to use free of charge! It is in close vicinity to a direct train stop for easy commuting to the Swiss and Austrian borders.
We want you to work your best and offers such as flexible working/part time arrangements, free parking slots and day care for your children are just some of the ways we do that.
Why should you apply?
Through your enthusiasm for innovation and outspoken character, you will ensure that our product portfolio will also continue to be of the highest quality meeting the fast changing and challenging Green Building/Sustainability requirements of our customers. Furthermore, you enjoy taking on responsibility and enjoy working in interdisciplinary teams. You feel at ease communicating at all hierarchy levels, even in English. Your excellent business knowledge and strategic thinking help you to drive forward projects independently and in a structured manner. You will thus make a significant contribution towards the further development of our team.
What you need is:
- You bring a Chemical background/education preferably knowledge and working experience in chemical regulatory compliance (REACH / GHS / CLP ) and know how in compiling safety data sheets
- Experience in Green Building Construction Product requirements and sustainability management
- Proven experience with Green Building certification streams e.g. LEED, BREEAM, DGNB, WELL, LBS red list compliance
- Management of Green Building data bases e.g. BASTA, BvB, Sundahus, Nordic Svanen; DGNB, Red2Green, mindfulMaterials
- Creation and improving Green Building product certifications e.g. Cradle2Cradle MHC, EPD, HPD, VOC, LCA, PCF
- Chemical product development experience and introduction of green chemistry into product portfolio
- Your working style is proactive and you have a “getting-things-done” approach
- You have strong interpersonal skills to successfully perform in a global matrix environment, excellent stakeholder management skills
Does this sound like you? We look forward to your application! For further questions, please feel free to contact the hiring manager Martin Althof, Head of Quality& Chem. Reg. Compliance https://www.linkedin.com/in/martin-althof-0366868/
Hilti is an equal opportunity employer.
Learn more about us: https://careers.hilti.com