Head of Lean in Global Logistic (m/f/x)
What's the role?
As Head of Lean you will be part of our Global Logistics organization and deploy Lean management principles and behaviors. You will have the opportunity to develop and drive the transformation of Hilti Global, towards Lean enterprise as a mean to Operational Excellence. With your positive attitude you will bring energy and excitement to the Logistics organization through a high level of engagement with key stakeholders and Global/Regional Lean Managers. Therefore, you will be responsible for developing the Lean program for Global Logistics, steering the implementation and delivering the expected business impact on sustainable value creation, while supporting the strategic behaviors of entrepreneurial business partnerships, and customer and team member engagement.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
1. Develop and Lead the deployment of Hilti Lean Systems in Global Logistics and steer the transformation towards a lean enterprise. Monitor, track and audit process and progress of Lean activities in our teams in order to continuously improve processes and performance. Ensure business impact regarding sustainable value creation as well as customer and team member engagement.
2. Identify cross functional opportunities in Headquarters and Market Organizations/Regions to improve overall value stream efficiency and conduct step change and improvement projects accordingly.
3. Drive sustainability and deployment of Hilti Lean Core Systems through upskilling, education, and certification programs for all levels of team members.
4. Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in order to drive communication, alignment, and collaboration
5. Create, develop and lead the Global Logistic Lean Team and community within Hilti Global Logistics.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, where you are part of a creative and diverse team. We give you many opportunities to develop yourself and we will support you in shaping your individual career path. Join our positive team spirit!
Our Headquarters is located in Schaan, in the beautiful and mountainous Rhine Valley. We offer state-of-the art office spaces, a staff restaurant with a variety of healthy food, coffee corners, an in-house gym with a relaxation room and so much more. Additionally, Hilti e-bikes are readily available for you to use free of charge! It is in close vicinity to a direct train stop for easy commuting to the Swiss and Austrian borders.
We want you to work your best and offers such as flexible working/part time arrangements, free parking slots and day care for your children are just some of the ways we do that.
Why should you apply?
You get a unique opportunity to shape Hilti’s Lean Management principles. We really encourage our teams to challenge the way things are done. If you can make a process simpler, do it and show us!
What you need is:
- Technical/Business Administration University degree or MBA
- Proven team leading experience
- Broad experience in Lean projects with min. 5-7 years working experience in an international environment
- Expertise in Lean tools and methods (e.g. 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Obeya)
- Experience in leading and track record in implementing Lean Projects
- Excellent English communication skills, further languages including German a benefit
Does this sound like you? We look forward to your application!
Hilti is an equal opportunity employer.