Head of Quality for Construction Service Business Unit
What's the role?
To create enthusiastic customers, an outstanding quality performance of services must be maintained and continuously improved. As our business is going global intensely, there are many challenges lying ahead, not only with regards to quality. Located in our newly established business unit Construction Services, you will built-up a completely new Quality System and organisation tailored specifically to the needs of Construction Services and the Hilti global presence. You will be part of the business unit management team and be responsible for the Quality for the entire service lifecycle and leading a global team.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
In your role you will work in a headquarter management team which is responsible for the Hilti global Construction Service business unit. You will be responsible to ensure world-wide service quality meeting the highest Hilti standards. Furthermore, you will define, built-up and manage the business unit’s quality system and lead the global quality management team with worldwide locations. You are in charge off signing off on new service products, ensure worldclass delivery, mitigate risks and prevent problems from occurring. For this you need to lead, qualify and develop your team and external service provider.
Entering as a new team member, we expect you to take on a leadership role. Therefore, you will constantly work with high visibility towards the top management and you will have the opportunity to build-up a network for your further career advancement.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We screen everyone in the company in a yearly career performance matching process. It means we can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit and further our teams personally and professionally.
Additionally, we offer you a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits, these may include day care for your kids or a free in-house gym.
Why should you apply?
This role will put you directly in the driver’s seat by having a lot of autonomy you will shape our new Quality System for our new Business Unit – Construction Services. You will be globally responsible for all Constructions Services Quality and will be reporting to top management.
What you need is:
- Professional experience of 3-5 years in service business ideally in Quality, alternatively in Development or Supply functions.
- Leadership experience in leading a global team in various functions of 3-5 years.
- Distinctive experience in the requirements of value-added services and understanding the decentral nature of service business.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills on top-management level, therefore English is a must
- Flawless academic track record in technical areas, ideally combined with a postgraduate management education
- Being familiar with the key elements of a Quality System and an advanced knowledge of Quality or Lean problem methodologies.
- Being able to work in international settings within a matrix organization and able to quickly connect with customers, people and major stakeholders.
- International flexibility and willingness to travel.