Intellectual Property Support / Patentanwaltsfachangestellte(r) (m/f/x)
What's the role?
You will be working in our team of IP paralegals assisting our multi-national Corporate Intellectual Property team.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might nothave heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software andservices for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, builtover 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptionalservice. With some 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’relooking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step upto new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Our Corporate Intellectual Property (IP) team is committed to its responsibility for all matters related to inventions, patents, trademarks and registered designs of Hilti and of its highly innovative teams around the globe. Embedded with these teams, our multi-national IP team is based on three continents. A dedicated paralegal team within the IP team assists in the collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and prosecution with national and supranational offices.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, where you are part of a creative and diverse team. We give you many opportunities to develop yourself and we will support you in shaping your individual career path. Join our positive team spirit!
Our Headquarters is located in Schaan, in the beautiful and mountainous Rhine Valley. We offer state-of-the art office spaces, a staff restaurant with a variety of healthy food, coffee corners, an in-house gym with a relaxation room and so much more. Additionally, Hilti e-bikes are readily available for you to use free of charge! It is in close vicinity to a direct train stop for easy commuting to the Swiss and Austrian borders.
We want you to work your best and offers such as flexible working/part time arrangements, free parking slots and day care for your children are just some of the ways we do that.
Why should you apply?
In your role, even though supported by the IP team, you will be independently:
- Filing applications with the European Patent Office, collaborating with external law firms for national filings, in particular in US and China
- Reviewing incoming notifications by the offices and external law firms, noting relevant due dates and instructions in our docketing system
- Preparing formal documents and replying to formal notifications
- Assisting inhouse and external inventors with invention reporting and related processes
What you need is:
- You bring several years of experience as an IP Paralegal or in a similar position ideally with a certified vocational education in paralegal practice
- Practical experience of and knowledge of proceedings with the European Patent Office, national offices in US and China, and international applications
- Strong attention to detail, diligent and organized
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and German
- You have the ability to create and maintain a team spirit
- Ability to support on joint responsibilities and to work independently on tasks committed to and assume full responsibilities
Does this sound like you? We look forward to your application! For further questions, please feel free to contact the hiring manager Dr Andreas Keil.
*For non-EU / EFTA citizens: Please state your eligibility status to work in Switzerland (e.g. B Permit, C Permit) and note that if you do not own a valid Swiss work permit, Hilti cannot guarantee your final employment due to authority regulations.
Hilti is an equal opportunity employer.