Intern - Corporate Development
What's the role?
At Corporate Development, you will lead a workstream of one of Hilti’s key strategic projects. In this role, you will be working alongside a former management consulting (MBB) project manager in strategy engagements. As such, you will also have substantial visibility to Hilti’s senior management team including executive board members and the opportunity to position yourself for a full-time career at Hilti.
We have a rolling application basis, please apply at any time. Internships are year-round; hence, we can offer the beautiful mountains between Austria and Switzerland in all their seasons excluding the month of July. Duration for at least 3 months.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
You will be a full member of a small high-profile team that drives the company strategy. You will report directly to a Senior Project Manager from Corporate Development and work closely with our experts to drive a workstream of one or more of our strategic projects. In this role, you will also have significant exposure to the Senior Vice President who leads the area.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Interview experts and stakeholders to identify issues and form hypotheses on solutions
- Conduct analyses to test the hypotheses based on research and data collection
- Evaluate strategic options and recommend the way forward
- Present findings and recommendations to senior management
- Liaise with key stakeholders to keep them informed of progress and to make relevant decisions
- Identify key success factors and develop a roadmap for implementation.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you the tools you need to excel in your internship, including one-to-one coaching. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own project while being part of a friendly team.
You’ll not just be another pair of hands but a fully integrated team member with lots of self-responsibility. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with strategic development discussions and career opportunities.
We’ll support you even before you start with us through relocation and integration support. With the international interns community at Hilti you’ll never be bored. Further, the snow-draped mountains, crystal-clear lakes and marvelous landscapes in the Happy Valley invite for lots of outdoor activities.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you have no knowledge of construction, that’s fine with us. We’re more interested in your ability, commitment and drive to succeed.
What you need is:
- Masters student pursuing education in business and/or engineering at a top institution
- Fluency in English and proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills with a sense for pragmatic solutions
- Confidence to push your own ideas and back it up with facts/analyses
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or within a team to get things done
- Relevant work experience will be considered a plus