Intern - Customer Insights
What's the role?
You'll play an active role in strategic projects aiming to identify unexplored customers’ needs and business opportunities. Together with experienced business partners, you will define and implement new approaches to uncover insights and generate high return on the market research investments along the different stages of product innovation and customer’s journey. You will contribute to the implementation of a new approach to track and assess customer loyalty and experience, which will be reviewed by senior management and applied in global and local strategic decisions. This will help to drive key actions aiming at sustainably generating differentiated product/services and loyal customers.
Start date: ideally September, duration for at least 5-6 months
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
As intern in our department you’ll be part of the customer insight team.
You will work on ad hoc market research projects to ensure customer centricity in the new product development process and you will also support the tracking of customer loyalty and experience.
Your key responsibilities will be the following:
1) define, develop and deploy new market research approaches to connect with customers; 2) drive international market research projects to uncover customer insights, in the area of product innovation and customer satisfaction;
3) present the outcome of your analysis to the multifunctional team, in order to impact business decisions.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you the tools you need to excel in your internship, including ongoing, one-to-one coaching. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own project while being part of a friendly team.
You’ll not just be another pair of hands but a fully integrated team member with lots of self-responsibility. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with strategic development discussions and career opportunities.
We’ll support you even before you start with us through relocation and integration support. With the international interns’ community at Hilti you’ll never be bored. Further, the snow-draped mountains, crystal-clear lakes and marvelous landscapes in the Happy Valley invite for lots of outdoor activities.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, innovative, productive team.
So, if you have no knowledge of construction, that’s fine with us. We’re more interested in your ability, commitment and drive to succeed. According to us and our current interns, the most appealing feature of this job is its genuine resemblance to a full-time position, both in terms of scope of responsibilities and of potential achievements.
What you need is:
- Master and/or Bachelor student in business, sociology / psychology, market research or a related field
- Analytical skills (working with multiple data sources, market research experience is a plus), project planning and priority setting
- Internship experience, international experience (internship and/or exchange)
- Ability to teamwork, influence, effectively present and communicate in English
- Engagement in extracurricular activities, high motivations and level of energy
We take our time to get to know you. As part of your recruitment process, you’ll get to talk to your internship coach as well as your HR Manager who both can answer some of your burning questions.
Hilti is an equal opportunity employer.