Intern - Global Indirect Procurement - Strategic Sourcing (m/f/x)
What's the role?
You will be working on strategic, tactical and operational projects and tasks for the global strategic sourcing team in Liechtenstein.
The categories covered by the team include IT, Digital, R&D, Consulting and Marketing.
As a member of our Global Procurement Department, you will be responsible for multiple (sub)projects and will take care of the project management. Within our team we support each other and expect that you are driven, independent and resilient to manage projects and willing to learn the necessary skills where needed. Additionally, there may be operative tasks that will be added to your responsibilities.
Start date is flexible to the student's availability (earliest November 2021), duration for minimum 6-9 months or more (upon availability).
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
As intern in our department you will be part of a small strategic team that executes strategic sourcing initiatives with our internal stakeholders and often with a direct link to the company strategy. You will work closely with our strategic supply managers to deliver on the assigned projects.
The projects on the roadmap for 2021/2022, where we foresee your support can be clusters as follows:
Strategic (Project Support)
- Analysis and recommendation on future set-up of the “R&D services” category and synergies including implementation options
Strategic/Tactical (Project Lead)
- Creating & rolling-out a realistic practical concept of strategic procurement knowledge management
- Creating a vendor capability tool and overview matrix for different (sub)categories
- Update and bring to the next level our internal digital SharePoint Platform
- Project: datasciene and machinery – Source to Contract
Other possible projects (depending on scope & capacity)
- VMO 2.0 SharePoint
- Organising an internal development centre & trainings
The final projects for the internship are to be discussed.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you the tools you need to excel in your internship, including one-to-one coaching. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own project while being part of a friendly team.
You’ll not just be another pair of hands but a fully integrated team member with lots of self-responsibility. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with strategic development discussions and career opportunities.
We’ll support you even before you start with us through relocation and integration support. With the international intern’s community at Hilti you’ll never be bored. Further, the snow-draped mountains, crystal-clear lakes and marvellous landscapes in the Happy Valley invite for lots of outdoor activities.
Why should you apply?
To succeed you need to be open minded and driven to make a contribution. Conceptual brain work interests you as much as getting down and dirty in documents, spreadsheets and slide decks. Show us your analytical and strategic thinking as well as hands-on project management and tough negotiation skills. You know what you can do and have the courage to demonstrate it and convince others with your positive way and communication skills. It’s not all there yet? We will train you.
What you need is:
- Master student in business administration, economics or supply chain, procurement or information management/technology, engineering or similar
- Analytical, hands on mind set
- Driven, pro-active and assertive
- A strategic approach and good problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Power Point is key
- IT affinity and SharePoint skills appreciated
- Strong communication skills, with excellent English and interpersonal skills
- Ability to convince others
We take our time to get to know you. As part of your recruitment process, you’ll get to talk to your internship coach as well as your HR Manager who both can answer some of your burning questions.
Hilti is an equal opportunity employer.