Intern - Global Procurement
What's the role?
The role covers two different streams.
Firstly, with the growing scope of more than 100 MCHF spend volume annually and the strategic importance of our digital agenda, we have decided to clarify accountability and focus of our IT & Digital procurement set-up. Thus, as member of our Global Procurement Department, you will lead a workstream of one key strategic project. This includes developing, detailing and/or supporting implementation of a governance model for IT & Digital investments.
Secondly, the organization is focusing more and more on the monitoring of the suppliers therefore we are currently developing a new concept of supplier relationship management (SRM). Your role will be to support the project team on different sub-streams to define the most efficient and sustainable solution.
Start date is flexible to the student's availability (preference – second half of 2019 – September/October), duration for 6-9 months (upon availability).
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
As intern in our department you will be part of a small high-profile strategic team that executes strategic sourcing programs with direct link to the company strategy. You will work closely with our experts to develop a selected workstream of two of our strategic projects.
Please see below the list of detailed tasks you will have to handle during your missions:
IT Procurement assignment:
- Finetune and finalize the existing Software Guideline
- Project-manage the roll-out of the Software Guideline
- Be the main point of contact for our respective stakeholders involved in the Software - Guideline (e.g. Legal, Data Protection, IT…) for continuous improvement
- Define a training material to educate our stakeholders and create a communication kit
- Lead training sessions
- Update the repository on our eProcurement platform (SAP Ariba) for RFx on IT projects
Supplier Relationship Management assignment:
- Finetune the governance structure for a pre-defined SRM concept
- Define step by step the process of Supplier Performance Evaluation model
- Define a training material and create a communication kit
- Lead training sessions
- Potentially support the analysis of an eProcurement tool for SRM
Other assignment: depending on bandwidth and progress on the above tasks
What do we offer?
We’ll give you the tools you need to excel in your internship, including one-to-one coaching. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own project while being part of a friendly team.
You’ll not just be another pair of hands but a fully integrated team member with lots of self-responsibility. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with strategic development discussions and career opportunities.
We’ll support you even before you start with us through relocation and integration support. With the international interns community at Hilti you’ll never be bored. Further, the snow-draped mountains, crystal-clear lakes and marvelous landscapes in the Happy Valley invite for lots of outdoor activities.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you have no knowledge of construction, that’s fine with us. We’re more interested in your ability, commitment and drive to succeed.
What you need is:
- Master student in business administration or supply chain, procurement or information management/technology or similar
- First experience in Procurement would be an advantage
- Analytical, hands on mind set
- A strategic approach and good problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Power Point is key
- Strong communication skills, with excellent English and interpersonal skills
- Ability to convince others