Machine Learning Researcher
What's the role?
You will be responsible to drive Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence activities within Corporate Research & Technology. Your innovative solutions will contribute to Hilti technology roadmap and future products definition.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
In this challenging role you drive product and technology innovation in the area of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
You show technical feasibility and customer value of your ideas by developing proof-of-concepts and functional prototypes. You will be involved in R&D projects with national and international partners, applying your Machine Learning expertise to a diversity of problems in domains as robotics, computer vision, mechatronics, and wearables.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, where you are part of a creative and diverse team. We give you many opportunities to develop yourself and we will support you in shaping your individual career path. Join our positive team spirit! Our Headquarters in located in Schaan, in the beautiful and mountainous Rhine Valley. We offer state-of-the art office spaces, a staff restaurant with a variety of healthy food, coffee corners, an in-house gym with a relaxation room and so much more.
We want you to work your best and offering flexible working and day care for your children are just some ways we do that.
Why should you apply?
Are you driven to contributing to cutting-edge innovation? Do you like working in a high-performing, international team? Then we look forward to receiving your application.
What you need is:
- You hold a MSc degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics/Statistics, Engineering, or related field. PhD is preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience in academia/industry is preferred
- You have proven experience with state-of-art machine learning techniques (convolutional/recurrent neural networks, generative (adversarial) models, reinforcement learning, etc.) and libraries/frameworks (Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras, etc.) applied to real world problems
- Familiarity with robotics, sensing, autonomous systems, computer vision, mechatronics, or wearables applications is preferred
- You have solid knowledge of programming languages (C/C++, Matlab/Python). Knowledge of embedded programming frameworks is a plus
- You bring strong communication skills, a collaborative mindset, and business acumen
- You are fluent in English
Does that sound like you? Apply today and start your Hilti journey. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Giovanni Bellusci on LinkedIn, the hiring manager of this role: https://www.linkedin.com/in/giovannibellusci/
Hilti is an equal opportunity employer.