R&D Expert - Robotics
What's the role?
This is an exciting opportunity within a forward-looking R&D team currently involved in developing robotic solutions for construction applications. You will be responsible for driving technology development within our R&D network.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
You will research, conceptualize, prototype, design and validate a portfolio of construction robots. This involves hands-on development and prototyping work, proposing and managing R&D projects, managing external collaborations, as well as representing the field to a wider internal audience. You keep yourself up-to-date by monitoring general progress of hardware and software in the field of robotics and maintaining your personal network inside and outside the company.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We screen everyone in the company in a yearly career performance matching process. It means we can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit and further our teams personally and professionally.
Additionally, we offer you a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits, these may include day care for your kids or a free in-house gym.
Why should you apply?
You possess in-depth knowledge in robotics or adjacent fields and you are eager to put your knowledge into practice in an application with great potential for innovation and digitalization – don’t hesitate to apply!
What you need is:
- A strong technical background in a field related to robotics; comprehensive understanding of the state of the art; hands-on experience with practical applications of mobile robotics in unstructured environments (mechatronics and control, sensing and understanding, navigation, human/robot collaboration, machine learning, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of an international, interdisciplinary and distributed team
- Experience in managing collaborations with R&D partner organizations (research or implementation)
- Proven capability in connecting technologies to applications and customer needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to represent your technical field to internal and external stakeholders
“I love the fact that my job isn’t just technical. It involves planning and dealing with people too. The culture is brilliant. It’s challenging, yes, but it’s friendly and welcoming too. It’s all about teamwork, and your ideas are really taken on board.”