Senior Project Manager M&A (m/f/x)
What's the role?
We are looking for a senior project manager M&A and strategic controlling to ioin our M&A and strategic controlling team. The ideal candidate will have immediate exposure to top executives and BU/regional leaders and valuable insights into the global Hilti business. The M&A and Strategic Controlling team serves as breeding ground for our future senior finance leadership.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
- Support strategic fit analysis and evaluation of potential acquisition targets in cooperation with corporate development and the business units
- Lead M&A projects across the entire transaction phase (initial contact of target, due diligence, negotiation and drafting of contractual documentation, signing, PMI preparation, closing, post-closing management) by coordinating internal functional work streams as well as external advisors
- Ensure and steer efficient communication amongst all participating stakeholders on various levels of the organization
- Collaborate closely with the global finance & controlling teams, the corporate development department, as well as with other senior stakeholders in business units and markets to identify areas of improvement and increase overall performance
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, where you are part of a creative and diverse team. We give you many opportunities to develop yourself and we will support you in shaping your individual career path. Join our positive team spirit!
Our Headquarters is located in Schaan, in the beautiful and mountainous Rhine Valley. We offer state-of-the art office spaces, a staff restaurant with a variety of healthy food, coffee corners, an in-house gym with a relaxation room and so much more. Additionally, Hilti e-bikes are readily available for you to use free of charge! It is in close vicinity to a direct train stop for easy commuting to the Swiss and Austrian borders.
We want you to work your best and offers such as flexible working/part time arrangements, free parking slots and day care for your children are just some of the ways we do that.
Why should you apply?
An ideal candidate is someone who wants to influence your own development. This opportunity is geared for someone who takes control of their career and is keen to grow and build a fast track international career, where a job title is not considered a final destination but the starting point.
What you need is:
- You hold a master’s degree (Business / Quantitative field) and / or MBA
- Ideal work experience of minimum of 6 years in Corporate M&A/Investment banking or Big 4 firms
- Solid working knowledge of M&A process execution in a corporate environment, deal structuring and valuation principles
- Strong financial modeling skills with an affinity to quantitative problem solving
- High understanding of financial reports (P&L, B/S, CF) and fundamentals of financial accounting standards
- Ability and openness to digest large amounts of contractual documentation in an M&A context and provide conceptual input
- Good presentation and excellent communication skills while being adept at facilitating senior management discussions, both in spoken and written form
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills with sound business judgment
- Good mix of big-picture thinking and detail orientation
- Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Can distinguish situations in which assertiveness is needed vs. when to listen and support
- Willingness to go the extra-mile and develop into a senior financial leadership role as a next career step
- You are fluent in English (additional languages are an asset)
Does this sound like you? We look forward to your application! For further questions, please feel free to contact the hiring manager Vivian Wong, Head of M&A and Strategic Controlling at Hilti Group (https://www.linkedin.com/in/vivian-wong-ab42bab/)
Learn more about us : https://careers.hilti.li/en-li
Hilti is an equal opportunity employer.
*For non-EU / EFTA citizens: Please state your eligibility status to work in Switzerland/ Liechtenstein and note that if you do not own a valid Swiss/ Liechtenstein work permit, Hilti cannot guarantee your final employment due to authority regulations.