Software Development Lead for the Global Application Software Unit (m/f/x)
What's the role?
Lead Developer is a pivotal role in Hilti’s Global Application Software Unit, providing software engineering excellence combined with leadership on Scrum Dev Teams. The Lead Developer leads a Scrum delivery effort by fully understanding business objectives and effort breakdowns from a Product Owner, and by executing on the strategic direction driven by the Architecture. Lead Developer is responsible for implementing backlog tasks, architectural designs and solutions, and executing on the development tasks both directly and through leading the developers. Further, the Lead Developer drives and validates use of patterns and practices defined by the broader technical organization, as well as adopts the established DevOps framework.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
-Operate effectively in a large / complex, global / multi-cultural software development organization under agile Scrum framework.
-Actively participate in product feature and design discussions and collaborate with solution architects to validate and implement application solutions and services.
-Present implementation options to both technical leadership and other software engineering teams.
-Lead code reviews and work with development teams to validate use of proper patterns and practices.
-Implement architectural strategies for building loosely coupled, modular systems which leverage Cloud computing to achieve economies of scale.
-Empower development teams to adopt a DevOps philosophy by taking ownership of continuous integration and delivery processes.
-Work with infrastructure and development teams to achieve highly available and scalable solutions using container-based orchestration platforms.
-Implement and enforce defined Git workflows and branching strategies and version control.
-Provide guidance and mentoring to development teams on day-to-day tasks, effective use of testing frameworks for automated unit and end-to-end testing.
-Function as the principal liaison between global development teams and Scrum team.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, where you are part of a creative and diverse team. We give you many opportunities to develop yourself and we will support you in shaping your individual career path. Join our positive team spirit!
Our Headquarters is located in Schaan, in the beautiful and mountainous Rhine Valley. We offer state-of-the art office spaces, a staff restaurant with a variety of healthy food, coffee corners, an in-house gym with a relaxation room and so much more. Additionally, Hilti e-bikes are readily available for you to use free of charge! It is in close vicinity to a direct train stop for easy commuting to the Swiss and Austrian borders.
We want you to work your best and offers such as flexible working/part time arrangements, free parking slots and day care for your children are just some of the ways we do that.
Why should you apply?
About you: Are you looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, where a job title is not considered the final destination but the starting point, then you want to work for us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector and are revolutionizing the industry through digitalization, and technologies such as robotics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
What you need is:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience designing and developing enterprise-scale applications and services
- Minimum two (2) years working experience leading development teams and providing technical guidance
- Prior experience working with geographically distributed development teams a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; quick learner with a strong work ethic; self-motivated, team player
- Experience conducting code reviews and taking part in technical discussions
- Experience working in an Agile environment (SCRUM, XP, etc)
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented programming languages, including C#
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases, as well as ORM technologies
- Experience designing and developing Web API’s and/or microservices in .NET or Node.js
- Familiarity with container concepts and toolsets (Docker required, Kubernetes a plus)
- Experience using Git for version control with various branching strategies and development workflows (forking, pull requests, rebasing, etc)
- Experience with unit testing and test driven development methodologies (TDD, BDD, etc)
- Familiarity with Cloud-based platforms and paradigms (AWS preferred)
- Up to 20% international travel, required
Does this sound like you? We look forward to your application! For further questions, please feel free to contact the hiring manager Amir Hessami, Software Development Manager ((49) Amir Hessami, PMP, LPM | LinkedIn)
Learn more about us: https://careers.hilti.li/en-li
Welcome to the Hilti YouTube channel
Hilti is an equal opportunity employer.