Strategic Supply Manager (Electronics) – Business Unit Measuring
What's the role?
We are looking for a strategic sourcing manager experienced in generating developing material group strategies for our Business Unit Measuring System’s product line.
An ideal candidate will be responsible for three main areas of activity:
1) responsible for all Supply topics of a product line and key team member of the development of new products, 2) Responsible for commodity management and suppliers and 3) lead / coordinate improvement projects and strategies in and between our team and other departments. You will act as a “sparring partner” to the BU’s Head of Supply at Hilti Headquarter in Liechtenstein bringing strategic, operational and technical expertise to further improve the sourcing needs.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
The Strategic Sourcing Manager acts as a real “Sparring partner” to the BU Head of Supply. The scope of activities is broad and can touch different areas, such as the overall BU’s supply footprint and presentations to Hilti’s Management.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for the Sourcing, Purchasing & Logistics deliverables for a product line (e.g. Distance Metres, Rotating Lasers) and is member of this product line project team, meaning you heavily contribute to its strategy, product development and profitability.
You manage selected commodities of components and services (e.g. electronics) and/or directly sellable products (e.g. Accessories). The activities include material group strategies development, supplier relationship management, negotiations, Supply improvement projects together with different internal (e.g. Engineering and Manufacturing colleagues) and external stakeholders.
By creating and implementing all activities through methods, tools and strategies you improve how supply is managed in the BU.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, where you are part of a creative and diverse team. We give you many opportunities to develop yourself and we will support you in shaping your individual career path. Join our positive team spirit! Our Headquarters in located in Schaan, in the beautiful and mountainous Rhine Valley. We offer state-of-the art office spaces, a staff restaurant with a variety of healthy food, coffee corners, an in-house gym with a relaxation room and so much more.
We want you to work your best and offering flexible working and day care for your children are just some ways we do that.
Why should you apply?
If you like working in a global team and driving a global business in a hands-on and performance-oriented culture you will enjoy the job. If you are passionate, with high intrinsic motivation and are resilient and cannot wait to become a Strategic Supply Manger at Hilti Business Unit Measuring Systems, we look forward to receiving your application.
What you need is:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in strategic supply management, preferably in electronics components with strong understanding of the industry
- You have a master’s degree in electrical/electronic engineering or related fields (MBA is an additional plus)
- You have successfully demonstrated experience in crafting and implementing 5 / 10 strategic outlooks, while working with limited information in a matrix environment
- You have experience in cross functional work (e.g. Engineering, Marketing, Quality…) and demonstrated experience in leading continuous improvement projects (>2 years)
- You have a proactive personality who is open minded, creative and coupled with pragmatic hands on operational experiences
- You have outstanding analytical skills linked with conceptual thinking capabilities.
- You are fluent in English (verbally and written) with excellent communication skills. Additional languages are a plus.
Does this sound like you? We look forward to your application! For further questions, please feel free to contact the hiring manager Heimo Wabnegger (https://www.linkedin.com/in/heimo-wabnegger-1a302b51/)
Learn more about the Business Unit Measuring Systems here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkeDj9MPT-Q
*For non-EU / EFTA citizens: Please state your eligibility status to work in Switzerland/Liechtenstein (e.g. B Permit, C Permit) and note that if you do not own a valid work permit, Hilti cannot guarantee your final employment due to authority regulations.
Hilti is an equal opportunity employer.