Strategic Supply Manager (for R&D & Consulting)
What's the role?
Manage a portfolio of sourcing categories and strategic sourcing projects. Develop or fine-tune a sourcing strategy for each category while establishing long-term agreements to reduce transactional work and obtain optimal quality, service, price, and other terms. Together with your global and regional stakeholders, you will drive procurement through the finance team to optimize spend and develop long term partnerships & supply strategies with suppliers.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
With an entrepreneurial & strategic mindset, you will challenge the status quo, taking calculated risks to drive and develop innovation from within. You will proactively monitor the external environment and translate relevant trends into the organization, to ensure agility and value creation.
As a Strategic Supply Manager, you are responsible for the development and implementation of strategic initiatives within an assigned portfolio of indirect sourcing categories, which includes consulting services, marketing, IT, Telecommunication, HR services, Operating supplies, Vehicle management, and other indirect categories of goods and services. Specific responsibilities include development of category strategies, optimizing spend opportunities, facilitating and steering sourcing projects, supplier negotiation, tactical purchasing and establishing & maintenance of supplier relationships. You drive the preparation and the execution together with global project teams that reside in the regions and corporate functions.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, where you are part of a creative and diverse team. We give you many opportunities to develop yourself and we will support you in shaping your individual career path. Join our positive team spirit!
Our Headquarters is located in Schaan, in the beautiful and mountainous Rhine Valley. We offer state-of-the art office spaces, a staff restaurant with a variety of healthy food, coffee corners, an in-house gym with a relaxation room and so much more. Additionally, Hilti e-bikes are readily available for you to use free of charge! It is in close vicinity to a direct train stop for easy commuting to the Swiss and Austrian borders.
We want you to work your best and offers such as flexible working/part time arrangements, free parking slots and day care for your children are just some of the ways we do that.
Why should you apply?
If conceptual brain work interests you as much as getting down and engaging in documents, spreadsheets and slide decks. Show us your analytical and strategic thinking as well as hands-on project management and tough negotiation skills. If you are adept at convincing others, leveraging your knowledge and precise communication skills. We have a diverse team of people with a various nationalities, backgrounds and experiences. Additionally, at Hilti we focus on people development and offer a range of trainings, mentorships and individual development plans.
What you need is:
- You university degree in supply chain, Industrial engineering, business or finance with results in upper-quartile
- 3-5 years’ experience in supply chain, engineering, finance or project management in a multinational organization
- Strategic mind-set with result orientation
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and communication skills
- Fluent in English; Local Market language is an advantage
- Evidence of acting as a strategic partner through influencing and interacting with key stakeholders across a matrix organization.
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to structure clear presentations and to simplify a financial message to non-finance stakeholders
- Proficient spreadsheet skillset
- A strong business acumen and visionary mindset balanced by hands-on behavior
- A proactive approach in identifying external trends and acting as change agent
- The drive to consistently outperform and exceed targets
- A strong passion for people – actively seeking to develop team members
- To be geographically flexible, and have the ambition to pursue an international career
Does this sound like you? We look forward to your application! For further questions, please feel free to contact the hiring manager Veit Kern, Team Lead Global Strategic Sourcing.
You can gain further insight on how it feels to be part of Hilti’s Global Finance Community, by searching for our LinkedIn feed: #HiltiFinance
Learn more about us: https://careers.hilti.li/en-li
*For non-EU / EFTA citizens: Please state your eligibility status to work in Switzerland/ Liechtenstein and note that if you do not own a valid Swiss/ Liechtenstein work permit, Hilti cannot guarantee your final employment due to authority regulations.
Hilti is an equal opportunity employer.