Technical Project Leader for Electronics & Drives of Direct Fastening Power Tools
What's the role?
You are part of a cross functional project team developing high differentiated direct fastening power tools. Your role is to manage the electronics, software and drive development of these tools by steering development, external partners, suppliers and support functions to achieve outstanding technical solutions. Part of this role is also working closely with the end-customer, getting the direct onsite feedback and implement into the product.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Create innovative power tools. From wireless connectivity to high power Brushless DC Motor (BLDC) drives. Bring intelligence into tools with sensor and actuators. Make tools smart with leading edge technology and software. Set up technical specifications, form a team with the needed skill set, plan and steer the project, select partners and suppliers, assess the technical maturity and risks, drive the development, achieve outstanding results.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, where you are part of a creative and diverse team. We give you many opportunities to develop yourself and we will support you in shaping your individual career path. Join our positive team spirit!
Our Headquarters are located in Schaan, in the beautiful and mountainous Rhine Valley. We offer state-of-the art office spaces, a staff restaurant with a variety of healthy food, coffee corners, an in-house gym with a relaxation room and so much more. Additionally, Hilti e-bikes are readily available for you to use. It is in close proximity to a direct train stop for easy commuting.
We want you to work your best and offers such as flexible working/part time arrangements (80-100%) and day care for your children are just some of the ways we do that.
Why should you apply?
Apply for this exciting opportunity and shape Hilti’s future activities in the area of Electronics & Drives of direct fastening power tools.
What you need is:
- You get things done to deliver technical solutions
- You have the ability to identify critical paths in projects, coaching and enabling project
- You like to think in scenarios to create options
- You are eager to structure complex technical challenges and assess quality, maturity, and risk of technical solutions
- You have already built up team management skills to steer field of own responsibility and act cross functionally within the projects
- You can deliver audience- oriented presentation and communication
- Completed university degree (Master, PhD) in electrical engineering, drive technology/robotics or a comparable field of study
- Minimum 5 years of professional expertise in a development department and initial detailed know- how in the technical management of projects or team lead in development
- Expert knowledge in at least one of the development fields of; embedded electronic hardware, embedded software or drive system
- Project management
- Creativity and openness to new technologies
- Are you looking for a role where you can leverage your team orientation and confident appearance in an international environment? Please don’t hesitate to hand in your application documents.
Does this sound like you? We look forward to your application!
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Klaus Bertsch on lLinkedIn:
*For non-EU / EFTA citizens: Please state your eligibility status to work in Switzerland (e.g. B Permit, C Permit) and note that if you do not own a valid Swiss work permit, Hilti cannot guarantee your final employment due to authority regulations.
Hilti is an equal opportunity employer and committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Learn more about us : https://careers.hilti.li/en-li