Writer / Editor for customer-centric Marketing Communications
What's the role?
We are looking for a native English copywriter (British or American English) to support us in our communication to customers.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
As part of the Marketing Communications function you’ll act as business partner to communications and product marketing managers with responsibility for developing campaign messaging that addresses different audiences, write online editorials, proof-read and modify copy for marketing materials used in sales and retail channels. When writing for Hilti you are required to have a thorough understanding of the construction industry and be able to develop copy that presents our technologically advanced solutions for construction professionals. Working as a part of the global Brand and Communications team you will need to engage counterparts from around the world, and help shape the tone of voice for the Hilti organisation now, and in the future.
Please provide recently published copy so that we can assess your writing style.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We screen everyone in the company in a yearly career performance matching process. It means we can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit and further our teams personally and professionally.
Additionally, we offer you a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits, these may include day care for your kids or a free in-house gym.
Why should you apply?
These are exciting times for the construction industry and for our brand. So, if you are an experienced copywriter and looking for an opportunity in an environment of positive transformational change, we would love to hear from you.
What you need is:
- Well-developed copywriting ability honed in an international business environment, preferably with experience in the construction or engineering fields
- Strong research and analytical skills combined with a profound understanding of writing customer-facing communications for delivery through multiple channels for both B2B and B2C audiences
- Proven experience in SEO research and applied strategies that strengthen the impact of content and drives ongoing performance improvement over time
- The ability to ensure a consistent brand tone-of-voice across all communication channels while remaining fresh and creative
- A strong interest in a highly competitive, ever-changing industry which is undergoing an unprecedented shift to digitalization
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”